Steel Air/Dirt Units
Steel Air/Dirt Units
Spirotech Combined Air & Dirt Separators
Every system is susceptible to the problems associated with Air and Dirt. Automatic Air valves are very limited in their ability to remove air from the system because they can only remove air that is local to it and only when the system is in a static (non-circulating) condition. The Spirovent Deaeration unit is considered the industry leader as it is extremely fast in separating both Free air (large bubbles) and Dissolved air (microbubbles) from the circuit even when operating at flow rates up to 3 mtrs/sec. Beyond this the unit harnesses “Henry’s Law of Physics” (the absorption of gasses in a fluid) to ensure the system remains air free for life.
In untreated systems, dirt can accumulate in multiple places throughout the system. Studies and practical experience show that magnetite in particular, leads to greatly reduced energy efficiency and therefore higher energy costs.
These passive units Require no maintenance and with no power consumption, they provide the contractor with the fastest possible commissioning times and the end user with a system that operates at optimum efficiency and protection against ongoing air related and corrosion issues.
Ensuring quick and efficient Air & dirt removal is essential. Spirotech offers an extensive range of SpiroCombi Air/Dirt separators from small brass solutions to heavy duty steel units.
• Brass Units (designed for a nominal flow velocity up to 1 m/s)
• Standard flow steel Units (designed for a nominal flow velocity up to 1.5 m/s)
• Hi-Flow Unit(designed for a nominal flow velocity up to 3 m/s)
• Magnetic (separators with internal or external magnet)
• Demountable (If the level of contamination is such that it needs to be possible to replace or clean the separating element).
• Fast and efficient removal of air from system.
• Fastest possible commissioning of circuits – Repeatable gauge readings, no chasing of air around the system.
• Permanent air free system (including dissolved oxygen).
• No cavitation of circulating pumps.
• No more bleeding of radiators or other circuits.
• Silent operation of system, no cascading of air at system high points
• Very small particles, from 5 µm (=0.005mm) and up are separated and removed from the circulating water.
• Dirt can be drained form the unit whilst the system remains in operation
• No shut-off valves or bypass required
• Constant low pressure drop irrespective of how much dirt is in the unit
• Maintenance only takes a few seconds and is a simple clean task to undertake when compared to a standard “Y” type strainer or inline magnetic unit.
• No unnecessary shutdown of plant
• Connection diameters from ¾” to DN 600 and above
• A complete range, suitable for various pressures and temperatures.