Spirovent BA-100-F Air Separator (standard flow rates)
• DN 100mm
• Flanged PN16
• Max operating pressure 10bar at 110°C
• Steel Construction
• Separation element constructed from Spirally Wound Copper tube
• Max flow rate 26 l/sec
• Max velocity 1.5 mtr sec
• Fast and efficient separation of air from system.
• Fastest possible commissioning of circuits – Repeatable gauge readings, no chasing of air around the system.
• Permanent air free system (including dissolved oxygen).
• No cavitation of circulating pumps
• Silent operation of system, no cascading of air at system high points
• No more bleeding of radiators or other circuits.
• Other units available for a complete range of pressures and temperatures.
Product Range Information
Spirotech BA Range of Air Separators, Standard Flow units up to 1.5 mtrs/sec velocity
All Air & Dirt Separators must create the correct environment to be able to work efficiently. The Spirotech brand uses a separation element constructed of spirally wound copper wire around a central copper core. This arrangement creates an area of laminar flow (static water) at the top of the unit enabling even the smallest of microbubbles to overcome the mass flow of the circulating fluid and then simply collect and vent at the top of the unit. It is the only point on the system where laminar flow exists when in normal operation.
However, if the flow rates are excessive the whole of the separator may become turbulent hence no laminar flow may exist, therefore it is necessary to provide some “guidance” as to the maximum flow for each size of unit. The chart below provides the required information to assist with product selection at a velocity of 1.5 mtr/sec.
DN L/sec Mtr3/hr Product
50mm 3.5 12.5 BA-050-F
65mm 5.5 20 BA-065-F
80mm 7.5 27 BA-080-F
100mm 12.5 47 BA-100-F
125mm 20 72 BA-125-F
150mm 30 108 BA-150-F
200mm 50 180 BA-200-F
250mm 80 288 BA-250-F
300mm 112.5 405 BA-300-F