Spirotech HE-200-F Dirt Separator Hi-Flow
• DN 200mm
• Flanged PN16
• Max operating pressure 10bar at 110°C
• Steel Construction
• Separation element constructed from Spirally Wound Copper tube
• Max flow rate 100 l/sec
• Max velocity 3 mtr sec
• Very small particles, from 5 µm (=0.005mm) and up are separated and removed from the circulating water.
• Dirt can be drained form the unit whilst the system remains in operation
• No shut-off valves or bypass required
• Constant low pressure drop irrespective of how much dirt is in the unit
• Maintenance only takes a few seconds and is a simple clean task to undertake when compared to a standard “Y” type strainer or inline magnetic unit.
• No unnecessary shutdown of plant
• Other units available for a complete range of pressures and temperatures.
Product Range Information
Spirotech HE Range of Dirt Separators, Hi Flow units up to 3 mtrs/sec velocity
All Air & Dirt Separators must create the correct environment to be able to work efficiently. The Spirotech brand uses a separation element constructed of spirally wound copper wire around a central copper core. This arrangement creates an area of laminar flow (static water) at the base of the unit enabling even the smallest of Dirt particles to settle out of the mass flow of the circulating fluid and then simply be drained away from unit. It is the only point on the system where laminar flow exists when in normal operation.
However, if the flow rates are excessive the whole of the separator may become turbulent hence no laminar flow may exist, therefore it is necessary to provide some “guidance” as to the maximum flow for each size of unit. The chart below provides the required information to assist with product selection at a velocity of 3 mtr/sec.
DN L/sec Mtr3/hr Product
50mm 7 25 HE-050-F
65mm 11 40 HE-065-F
80mm 15 54 HE-080-F
100mm 25 94 HE-100-F
125mm 40 144 HE-125-F
150mm 60 216 HE-150-F
200mm 100 360 HE-200-F
250mm 160 576 HE-250-F
300mm 225 810 HE-300-F